Thursday, October 14, 2010

W-A-L-K

The last couple days have been busy. We painted the nursery, visited Winchester, and put together baby furniture and thus Tiko, although exercised quite a bit in Winchester, has not been given much attention at home. He has loved having me home on bed rest, giving him someone to snuggle with on a daily basis, but now that I'm up and somewhat moving he's gotten clingy.

The progression of my pregnancy, all the new things happening at the house, or the knowledge that I may not be home every day for much longer (we hope) seems to have put him in a funk. The thunderstorm that blew through last night only added to his needy mood because he followed me about the house trying to lean on my leg and terrified of the thunder.

Since the weather was so nice this morning I opted to take him outside for some exercise and play time. I threw the ball once and he eagerly ran after it. When I prepped him for the second throw, making sure he sat down, and threw the ball he just started at me. No amount of encouragement would get him to go get it. Feeling slightly silly I went and retrieved the ball only to have Tiko run to the back door; giving me the clear sign that he did not want to play. Amazed since I knew he needed the outlet I took him in the house while shaking my head. I watched as he went straight to the laundry room door turning back to look at me. Laughing, for I knew what he was thinking, I opened the door. He very sweetly sat down in front of his leash and gave me his best puppy dog eyed look.

Would you have been able to turn him down?

No comments:

Post a Comment