Friday, October 15, 2010

4:AM Meeting

Sleep comes in small spurts these days and my mom keeps telling me it's a great way for me to prepare for when the baby comes. Normally I am a deep sleeper and it takes a lot to wake me up; however, since getting pregnant I'm unable to sleep through the bed bouncing, the baby moving, or Tiko's collar jingling. The fact that my bathroom breaks have increased doesn't help and I often find myself lying awake for at least a hour trying to get back to sleep after using the restroom.

Last weekend on one especially fitful night I noticed that Brandon had been doing some serious tossing and turning of his own. I can always tell when he is wide awake because he has a tendency to huff and puff a little in frustration. After the 3rd puff or so I quietly asked if he was awake. In a full volume response he gave me an annoyed yes explaining that his stomach was hurting and he was thirsty and hungry. Chuckling I mentioned that I had been up for almost 2 hours and couldn't get back to sleep for the same reason.

Amused Brandon mentioned that string cheese and ice water sounded really good and I laughed telling him to get out of my head because I had just been thinking the same thing. 10 minutes later Brandon offered to get up and again I told him to get out of my head, I was just about to get out of bed. With both of us laughing I convinced him to stay in bed while I fetched us the string cheese and ice water.

We both sat with our backs up against the headboard munching on our snack and chuckling at the whole situation: it was 4:AM, we both were wide awake, and eating a snack of string cheese. We chatted for a little while before snuggling back under the covers and inviting Tiko up for a few minutes of cuddles. Tiko, not caring what time it was, thoroughly enjoyed our morning family meeting and made sure to cover us in kisses.

Neither of us have any idea as to why we both were up and craving the same thing but it was a fun morning meeting; although, we both hope not to repeat it any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment