Monday, October 4, 2010

Car Virus

2 weeks ago I was given the all clear from my Dr. to travel. Overjoyed at the possibility of getting not only out of the house but out of town I excitedly called my parents and told them we were coming to visit.

It was a WONDERFUL weekend and it was great to see the newest member of my sister's family, Avery. On Sunday my mom, sister, and I all headed out to Once Upon A Child, my new favorite store, to see if we could snag any deals. After dropping an exhausted Amanda at home mom and I headed back to the house. As we were making our way up a hill we noticed that mom was loosing momentum. Luckily we made it to the top and were able to coast down the other side and into a parking lot. Confused as to what had happened and the fact that the car wouldn't start we called Dad for a jump. He charged our battery and told us to head home. With less than a mile to the house we puttered to a stop for the 2nd time. THIS time however we couldn't get the car out of park and so Dad wasn't able to push us as he had hoped to do should we die again. After the 2nd jump we were able to make it home but everyone was still dumbfounded as to what had happened.

Needing to get to church Dad soon said his goodbyes and headed out to the truck only to find that it wouldn't start. Mom and I bust out into giggles over this and couldn't help but tease Dad, asking him if he needed a jump and whatever virus was in Mom's car had spread to the truck. Brandon and I made sure they didn't require anything from us packed up our car, said our goodbyes, and made our way out. We got in, Brandon turned the key, and the car wouldn't turn over; I giggled. Brandon tried a 2nd time and still it wouldn't work; I laughed. He tried a 3rd, 4th, and 5th time with his frustration growing; I burst out in hysterical laughter not believing what was happening. Slowly, as I was laughing too hard to walk very fast, we made our way back into the house with plans to possibly stay an extra night.

When we got in the house and told everyone why we were back, I thought Mom was going to fall off the couch in laughter. We both just collapsed on the couch together in giggles. When Dad mentioned using Jen's car to jump ours or the truck she refused, claiming that no one was risking spreading whatever sickness had taken over to her car. This of course only caused Mom and I to laugh harder.

15 minutes after Brandon's attempt to start the car him and Dad went out to jump it. On the second try it started on it's own and Brandon told me to hurry up and make sure I used the restroom because we were NOT stopping on the way home! We made it home just fine but we stuck to the right lane as a precaution. :)

The next morning we woke up to our OTHER car, that has not been driven in a month, with a flat tire... guess what Brandon's response to all this was:

"KENNEDY CURSE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment