Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Oh Where Is My Hairbrush?!"

For years I have been a fan of Veggie Tales: the fun songs, the great message, and the cute vegetables have always warmed my heart and brought out my inner child. It's not uncommon for me to bust out in song over a fun phrase and I can't help but throw in a little Veggie Tales now and then when I get the chance.

For a few weeks I have noticed that my once inny belly button has begun to turn inside out. I realize that this is common in pregnancy and at first was not all that bothered by the idea, the thought that the baby was growing comforted me. However, as I enter my third trimester and feel that I'm in the home stretch I can feel the long nights, extra weight, and popped out belly button wearing on me.

As I stood in the shower this morning a sob broke in my throat when I noticed that my belly button no longer peaked out but now fully protruded from my stomach. By force of habit I quietly and sadly sang to myself: "Oh where is my bellybutton..." As I reworded the entire chorus I couldn't help but giggle at my new version of the common Veggie Tales song. The more I sang the more I giggled until finally I was laughing hysterically at myself and the whole situation. I sang at full volume and even Tiko chimed in for a line or two; I think my sudden twist in emotion threw him and his display of vocals was more reprimand but we'll go with he was singing with me. ;)

I got out of the shower refreshed and ready for the day. When I put my shirt on and saw that my belly button popped through the shirt I only giggled and thought of yet another verse of the song: "Right there is my belly button".

Can we say hormones?!

For those that aren't familiar with Veggie Tales and have no idea what song I'm talking about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHr7gluh08

No comments:

Post a Comment