Monday, October 18, 2010

At It Again

After hanging the artwork I have already made for the nursery I didn't like it. Lol. HGTV's decorating rule #1 when creating clusters is to use an odd number, generally 3-5-7. I had 4 canvas' and I just couldn't get them to look right. We even hammered nails in the wall and hung them but after looking over it all for a while I disliked it more and more. In the end I decided to re-do The Lorax, I never liked the way it turned out anyway, and will add How the Grinch Stole Christmas giving me 5.

On an empty wall I purchased a Memo Board from Target for $3, using a gift card, and researched the cost of some frames that matched my bedding. For a set of 2 frames it was going to cost $22 + shipping. Knowing I could do something similar and much cheaper I headed out to Michael's, yet again, in search of a deal. I got one! The frames I used were $1 each and the paper and riboon totaled another $2; that's a total of $4 for a set of 2 frames and a savings of over $20! I already had the Mod Podge needed to glue everything and used scrapbooking embellishments I already had. I like my frames better than the ones I was going to purchase, they were cheaper, easy to make, and I had a blast doing it. Now I just need to hang them. :)

"Little Treasures"

No comments:

Post a Comment