Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Telling Time

As nice as it will be to have a clock in the nursery I would give $100 to bet that we never put a battery in it and use it; or if we do that once the battery dies we never change it. Despite that I had a scrapbook clock that I utilized to add another Dr. Seuss book to the room. The clock I originally wanted to buy was Cat in the Hat and I decided to stick with the theme and use it as my inspiration.

Cat in the Hat

Since the clock was wood it required a bit more paint than the other artwork and took more time. The imperfections show more clearly and thus I had to be a little more careful. My first mistake was to paint the white front first and THEN the red sides; this was not the smartest decision I've ever made and I had to do some white touch up later. Just like the other artwork I used the same method: print pictures, painted background, mod podge it all down. Everything was going splendidly until I dipped my white paint brush in the mod podge and ended up with white streaks down the hat. Furious I cleaned up my mess, threw a tantrum, and left it alone for almost a week. I debated buying a new clock and starting fresh but decided against it when I realized I could just reprint the pictures and mod podge over the images I already had down. You can't even tell I made a mistake in the first place! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment