Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Won't Play Outside

Ever since being put on bed rest Tiko has not been very playful. For almost 3 weeks now when ever we have taken him out to throw the ball he hasn't seemed interested and we've never been able to figure out why, until today.

Recently they've started construction on the lot next door and have been making a TON of noise. While outside on our swing I've never noticed whether the noise bothered Tiko or not; he lays on the porch and stays close by me. His protective nature of me when I'm not feeling good caused me to think nothing of his need to be close by.

This morning he was eager to play and full of energy; although, I'm not really suppose to be picking up and throwing the big jolly ball I wanted to exercise him a little. I threw the ball he ran after it, scooped it up and headed back towards me as he had done a hundred times before. On his return trip one of the large construction trucks dropped their load making a huge BANG. At that moment Tiko scooted his butt in towards his front paws, like he was going to be stepped on, dropped the ball and took off across the yard with a look of pure terror on his face. When he reached the other side of the yard he turned around and headed straight for me, on the porch, taking up position behind my legs. Doubled over and laughing hysterically, I told him he was ok and went to retrieve the ball to try again. I threw the ball away from the construction and Tiko took off; however, mid stride the truck made another loud noise and yet again Tiko changed direction. He came straight for me, circled me, then headed for the door and sat down. He looked at the door and then to me and back to the door, making it more than clear that he did not want to play outside anymore.

Now laughing harder than I was before I took him inside while shaking my head. The mystery was solved, Tiko didn't want to play because he was terrified of the "big scary trucks!" HAHAHAHA. Sissy dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment