Friday, August 6, 2010

Morning Goodbyes

A normal week day morning in our house Brandon gets up an hour before me and is out the door before my alarm even goes off. Once he leaves Tiko is invited to join me on the bed for some snuggling while I attempt to get another 30-45 min. of sleep. When my alarm goes off Tiko noses at me and we both get out of bed.

On mornings where Brandon works from home he gets to sleep an extra 45 min. and when he gets out of the shower he lets Tiko outside. Some mornings he remembers to bring him back in and I still get to snuggle with him and some mornings I wake up alone and dog less. This morning was a dog less morning and Tiko wasn't let back in the house till I was about to walk out the door. As always I stopped in the office to give my hubby a kiss goodbye and exchange any reminders for the day, Tiko was quick to follow me to the office and immediately jumped on the couch turning toward the window. Laughing I commented that I was glad to see that he was going to enjoy staying home with Daddy today and went over to rub his head and give him a kiss goodbye as well.

Brandon surprised me by sharing that when ever he works from home Tiko always rushes to the couch so he can watch me leave from the office window. Shocked I asked: "Really?!". Brandon explained that he each morning he tries to remember to open the blind knowing that Tiko will want to watch me leave. Each morning that the blind is up he rushes to the couch to do just that.

Maybe it was just the pregnancy hormones but I teared up at the small gesture of love that my dog was displaying and he didn't even know it. At that realization I walked back over to give him another scratch behind the ears and a quick kiss on the nose; Tiko really is the best dog there is!

No comments:

Post a Comment