Friday, March 6, 2009

Faery's Kiss



Last November Bill Breuer offered me the female leading role of Fay Sprite in his World Premier of The Faery's Kiss. I eagerly took the role and got to working on my enormous amount of lines. My role is double cast so through the whole process I learned a lot about working with someone who shares my role. I have spent 2 months watching the cast grow, come together, and work really hard both as a cast and as individuals. The cast is a mix of amateur and experienced actors; each of us teaching something to the other.

As of Thursday March 5, 2009 we were no longer rehearsing. The stage was set, the props in place, we all knew our lines, the lights were hung, the audience was excited, and at 7:30 pm the curtained opened. As I stood back stage, Lea played Fay for opening night, and helped with props and set I was beaming with pride; the cast gave a PHENOMENAL performance!! We were not with out our bumps and glitches but overall we kicked the hell out it! Despite opening on a Thursday, the audience was lively and attentive to the very end. I think I even heard a few sniffles as Lea gave our emotional monologue towards the end.

I felt such a rush last night as we opened the show from the whole experience. Even though it wasn't me taking the final bow, that comes tonight, I thought to my self THIS is why I do theatre. The thrill of preforming in front of a live audience, thinking on your feet as someone misses a cue or line, hearing the audience laugh at a comedic moment that you have spent months perfecting, the costume, and all the hard work and emotion that goes into acting. Even the opportunity to step in to someone else's body and world and live and think as they would if only for a few hours.


Tonight is my night to shine! I will give MY world premier of Fay in The Faery's Kiss. Don't wish me luck, I hope to break-a-leg. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment