Saturday, June 30, 2012

Cloth Diapering Step 3: Using Cloth

Although I read it time and time again and always just rolled my eyes, it really is true; babies look absolutely adorable running around in nothing but a cloth diaper. I put Andrew in cloth first thing in the morning and let him run around naked to get used to it. There really was no need because he took to it like he does everything else, with great adaptability and ease. He looked totally and completely ADORABLE! :)

I started my day with pre-folds and then moved to the fitted. Although I didn't mind the pre-folds Brandon was not a fan. Immediately he knew he wouldn't be able to take on the coordination that comes with a wiggling toddler and a pre-fold and turned it down on the spot. He was much more contented with the fitted and tomorrow we'll try the pockets and all-in-ones.

Wouldn't you know that my VERY first cloth diaper change would have to a poopy one! In a matter of 5 minutes I learned 2 very important things:

1. Anti-bacterial gel needs to be at the changing table
2. A sprayer on the toilet would be a wise investment should we decide to make this permanent. I didn't mind swishing and flushing; however, I did a doctor scrub on my hands when done.

The entire day went really well and I noticed an immediate change in Andrew when he wet in his diaper. He was completely aware. He still didn't care if he was wet but if watched carefully he gave a cue as to what was going on. I'm still highly optimistic and still don't really see what all the big fuss is about. Even the small load of laundry tonight wasn't bad; however, it didn't come after an 8 hour day at work.

On ward we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment