Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Deal of the Day

Twice a year Louisville hosts a HUGE consignment sale of baby and toddler items put on by Little Treasures. I had never heard of this and was excited to see if they really did offer any good deals. After making plans to check it out with one of my friends we headed out with all the kids in tow and a list of "hope to find" in hand.

Although nothing on my list was to be found we had a blast shopping and really got some good deals. My word of advice is that you have to be willing to: dig a little, squeeze through the crowd, and wait in a LONG line but I feel it was worth the trip out. People were nice and the prices on some items were a down right steal. Most of what I bought was in the original packaging for a fraction of retail price! I was amazed at how much some people purchased as they carried out 2 sometimes 3 50 gallon tubs overflowing with toys, clothes, and other items. I felt that I could get better deals at Once Upon A Child on clothing so our shopping was shortened immensely by not sorting through it all.

*My steal/deal of the day:
Plush Bear Chair in mint condition for $17
Although Andrew may seem too small to truly sit in the chair it works great for him to lounge on and it is definitely something that will grow with him. I almost didn't buy it because of the price and I had hoped to purchase a jumper seat; however, for only $17 I picked it up and had them hold it for me so I wouldn't have to carry it around. By the time we left I was in love with the idea of it and had not found what I was looking for so I splurged. :)

I recommend any mother with a child from birth-teenager, boy or girl, to attend and be sure to bring a big bag, laundry basket, or tub with you because you'll need it to carry everything in.
Happy shopping everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment