Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Welcome to Parenthood

Having spent the 3 days in Winchester last week with my in-laws by the time I was done grocery shopping on Sunday I was exhausted! It was dinner time by the time I got home and I did not want to cook. Having an ever so sweet husband he offered to take me to Olive Garden and even offered to ready a bottle for the road.

*(I'm still breast feeding exclusively, but having the option of putting that milk in a bottle has really opened up our options of activity and I LOVE it!)

When I got home Brandon unloaded the car while I put only the perishable items away so we could leave as soon as possible. While I finished up Brandon decided to change Andrew before we left. Keeping with the "we're hungry and in a hurry" attitude he laid Andrew on his lap and began stripping him down. When the cold air hit the little Mann's little man Andrew showed off his water works skills. Brandon let out a scream and quickly covered him back up. Despite his quick response pee still managed to get on his shirt and Brandon knew he was going to have to change. Letting out an exasperated sigh he waited for him to finish before uncovering the boy and continuing the process of getting him in a clean diaper. As he readied another diaper to put on him the waterworks started flowing for a second time. Brandon let out another scream and attempted to place the clean diaper over the boy; however, he did not realize that the diaper was upside down with the NON-absorbent side toward the boy thus causing pee to go EVERYWHERE. Brandon's pants were saturated and Andrew was soaked from almost head to toe. Brandon, now completely frustrated, frantically handed me the boy and asked me to handle it not realizing that he was still peeing at the time and it was dripping all over the chair and floor. Laughing hysterically, I told Brandon that I guess he'd learned never to change the boy on his lap with out protection. I took Andrew from him and headed for the nursery and the changing table pee dripping the whole way there. As I changed and readied him to go Brandon went to change and we both shook our heads at the situation; so much for getting ready quickly...

As we finally climbed in the car, 30 minutes later than we would have hoped for, Brandon informed me that pee had soaked all the way through his jeans down to his underwear and had even ran down his leg. Doubling over in laughter I exclaimed: "Welcome to parenthood!"

Come to find out Brandon even changed his socks, just in case! HAHAHAHA

No comments:

Post a Comment