Monday, February 14, 2011

CRAP!

Knowing that my son can really let 'em go I gave no thought to his loud fart and obvious bowl movement this morning. He lets them rip like a real man and often times we're surprised that something so small could be so loud.

Per his usual routine Andrew began letting them go after his early morning feeding; giving small smiles after each fart. Laughing at his antics I waited till he was done before picking him up to change him. Not realizing that he had blown out his diaper with poop all over himself AND the bed I didn't immediately stop Tiko when he began frantically licking at the bed. As I picked Andrew up poop ran down his leg, all over my hand, and went all over the bed in a sudden gush. Crying out in surprise and disgust I began trying to tip Andrew in an attempt to keep him from spilling even more while trying to grab a wet wipe AND push Tiko out of the way to keep him from licking up the poop. As I tried to juggle the baby, the wipes, and the dog poop still leaked out the side of the diaper and went everywhere.

Finally coming to my senses I screamed for Tiko to get off the bed and laid the boy down to strip him of his clothes and diaper. The bed was already a mess and the sheets needed to be changed anyway so I decided to just change him there. Frustrated, I grabbed some wipes and started a sponge bath of sorts of both me and Andrew; thankfully the plan was to give him a bath later that morning anyway.

Pardon the pun but needless to day it was a "crappy" way to start my day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment