Monday, June 7, 2010

First Date

It is my firm belief that every marriage needs to have a first date every now and again. Brandon decided to surprise me with one this past Friday.

When I got home from work the house was completely empty. I called Brandon to see where he was but he didn't answer. After waiting for a short time outside I finally took the dog inside, The next thing I knew the door bell rang and it was Brandon. He smiled and asked me if I was ready to go. I grabbed my sweater, put the dog out, and we headed out the door. He made some comments about me not locking my house, the neighborhood must be really safe, he really liked the neighborhood, and I had a really friendly dog. He opened my car door and off we went with Brandon not telling me where. Confused by the comments and everything else, it took me a few minutes to realize what was going on...Brandon was pretending like this was a first date.

Once I caught on I played along and have never laughed so much in my life! We weren't married, he'd never met my parents, and the fact that I was pregnant made for a really awkward moment. LOL. He took me to dinner, a little shopping, and then to see Letters to Juliet. It was a wonderful evening. At the end of the night he even walked me to the door and gave me a goodnight kiss.

I have the sweetest, craziest, funniest husband there is! :)

1 comment: