Friday, June 4, 2010

Daniel

In March I felt lead to join a woman's bible study at my church and signed up for Beth Moore's Daniel study. The women were incredible and their prayers were strong! For 3 months I openly shared my dream about being a mom and my discouragement about not getting pregnant. In return they fervently prayed and encouraged me in ways I could have never imagined.

During the study I found out that 2 friends and my own sister were pregnant; bitterness immediately set in. I argued with God that it wasn't fair, I rationalized with Him that I wanted it more, I cried with a broken heart that it wasn't me. I truly believe the only reason I didn't fall into a full blown depression was because my ladies were praying for me and because I have an incredible and supportive husband.

After my surgery, an attempt to help us get pregnant and help with monthly pain, Brandon's granddaddy took a turn for the worst, medically, and I welcomed the distraction. I poured my heart into taking care of Brandon and offering help where ever I could to who ever needed it. The more I prayed for Brandon and his family the less I prayed for a child. When Brandon's granddaddy passed I realized I hadn't prayed about Brandon and I getting pregnant in almost a month and I had not checked my ovulation either.

A revelation came to me, it didn't matter anymore. God's plan was perfect and as I learned in Daniel Christ would:

1. deliver me from the fire
2. walk with me through the fire
3. deliver me to the fire

I accepted whatever Christ's plan was for me and gave Him my dream of being a mom, every last drop of hope. Our last night of bible study I got to share my revelation with my ladies. They all knew it had been a hard couple months and were ecstatic to see me find peace. What I didn't realize for 4 more days was that as I sat there and praised God with those women Christ had already blessed me; I was 6 weeks pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment