Saturday, June 5, 2010

2 Lines

There is a statistic out there that states over 3:4 women misread a common pregnancy test. I am officially apart of that statistic. For months Brandon and I have been trying to get pregnant and for months we have had negative ovulation tests, discussions with my Dr., and even surgery for my endometriosis. It has been some long and emotional months mixed with my surgery and family stuff as well.

When I wasn't showing any signs of anything I took a pregnancy test a day early. The test showed 2 lines, which I read as negative, and I went about my day only slightly disappointed. Granddaddy was given 72 hours and in less than that he died. We spent the week with family, at the funeral home and church giving no thought to any possibility of being pregnant. Brandon and I both assumed that the emotional stress from family and the stress of the surgery is what was keeping me from having a cycle. When we came home from the funeral I was officially 5 days late so I took another test and got the same result as before, 2 lines. I took it as negative and threw it away.

While Brandon was out getting food the negative test nibbled at my brain. I began thinking about which test I bought and couldn't remember. Innocently I went in and got out the box; I pulled the test out of the garbage and held it to the box. I looked at the box, then to the test, and at the box again. For a second I thought I was seeing things... according to the box: I WAS PREGNANT!!! Not only was I pregnant but I had received a positive result almost 7 days ago as well- it was NOT a false positive.

I began to hyperventilate, cry, jump up and down all at once. The poor dog must of thought I was dying. With Brandon out of the house I didn't know what to do. I prayed and cried some more before finally calming down enough to go sit and wait for Brandon to get home. When he walked in the door I calmly informed him that his wife is an idiot. lol.

It was a good thing we didn't know before Granddaddy's death; the news wouldn't have been as sweet. Either way, we're happy!
God is fulfilling my dream; I'm going to be a mommy.

2 comments: