Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Cleaning

The surgery is set and I am hopeful of the results.

I'm having laparoscopic surgery for Endometriosis at 7:30 AM. That means I have to get up at 4:30 AM to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM for surgery prep... yea... that sucks!

The Dr. said the procedure shouldn't take more than 2 hours, max. I will be under anesthesia but I should be home resting in my own bed by lunch as long as all goes well and I come out of recovery fairly quickly. It's considered minor out patient surgery so recovery will take about 4 days and the side effects are usually minor with just aches and soreness; they'll give me something to take if I feel the need to.

I'm a little nervous but not freaking out; it's the whole idea of being put to sleep and then sliced open that kinda gets to me but only when I think about it too much.

They're gonna hose me down and clean me out; nothing like a little bit of spring cleaning to help with pain and fertility! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment