Thursday, April 8, 2010

Country Style Movie

If you know me well you know that Johnny Depp and Tim Burton are two of my favorite people in Hollywood. I was ecstatic when they did Sweeny Todd, my favorite musical of all time, and was excited to see what they were going to do with the AWESOME children's book Alice in Wonderful.
Of course I wanted to go see it opening weekend so we opted for Sunday afternoon in hopes of avoiding most of the crowds.

When we first entered the theatre we were the only ones there, keep in mind we live in a small town. With only 5 minutes before the movie started about 20 people came in; including an obnoxious group of 3 high school girls that decided to sit behind us (oh goody!). The girls talked at full volume through all of the previews and although we hoped they would stop once the movie started they continued their chatter, at full volume. They didn't bother to whisper and didn't even try to. I started getting frustrated 20 min into the movie, they were still talking, and turned around and quietly asked them to please whisper. This only caused them to talk louder, giggle, and make fun of me. 40 min. into the movie I was LIVID and, unfortunately, made matter worse by turning around and rudely asking them if they were going to talk the entire movie. Of course, they answered with a resounding YES and then proceeded to make fun of me even louder.

10 min. later, now almost a hour into the movie, a man sitting in the row behind them stepped into their row and nicely asked them to be quite so that others could enjoy the movie. They giggled some more, talked at full volume, and made fun of him. The man gave them 15 min. to quite down and then very sternly told them that if they didn't shut up he would have them removed from the theatre (I cleaned his response up for posterity sake). They retorted that they did not deserve to be talked to in such a manner and an argument ensued with plenty of cursing between the two. I honestly thought the man was going to punch one of them but instead he stormed out and retrieved security. Security came in and told the girls that people were complaining that they were talking and asked them to stop; if they did not stop they would be asked to leave. The girls were outraged and claimed they hadn't been talking at all and began arguing with security.

Once security left they moaned and groaned at being treated so poorly until the same man who yelled at them before told them to shut up or he would have them kicked out (Okay, so not exactly what he said but you get the point with out me having to get graphic). At this threat they quited but not with out yelling at anyone in the theatre who leaned close to whisper to the person next to them to STOP TALKING!!!

As we were leaving the theatre I heard a couple people thank the man on their way out. He kept an eye on the girls as they left and luckily no fights took place afterwards.

In all honesty, I couldn't help but giggle. I love our small town but the people in it really are country; go KY! I can't really say if I recommend Alice In Wonderland or not, I guess you'll have to go see it for your self and hopefully you'll have a better experience than us.

Brandon's response to it all was: "We can't even go see a movie with out something going wrong, and you want kids!"

No comments:

Post a Comment