Monday, April 19, 2010

I'm Sick and Tired...

of being sick and tired.
Any one who knows me knows that I do NOT like to sit and do nothing. It's not that I can't when the situation calls for it; however, I would prefer to go and do and live! My ideal vacation is one where I'm exploring, learning, or hiking. I don't enjoy laying on a beach burning, because I have too much Irish blood and don't tan, and the idea of spending more than one day laying around makes me get the wiggles.

I blame my father; he is the exact same way. Thus, my childhood vacations were riddled with museums of everything possible that can be put behind glass or on display and we were always on the go. Asking me to lay on a couch for 4 days is NOT my idea of a relaxing time.

The day of surgery I slept off my anesthesia, Wednesday I could barely move on my own and spent the whole day on pain medicine, Thursday I could move but it wore me out and I was still on pain medicine. By Friday and Saturday I was moving on my own, for the most part, and ready to get up and DO something; the only problem was I too tired to do anything! It was frustrating!!!!

I spent so much energy on Friday and Saturday trying to pacify my mind's need to move and go that I crashed on Sunday. I mean crashed: emotionally, physically, spiritually, you name it and I was GONE!

After really hoping I could do a whole day at work I was disappointed that by 12:PM I was in desperate need of my couch and blanket. I'm home and really sick and tired of being sick and tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment