Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Mothers Prayer

Father,
The blessing I hold with in me is greater than I ever thought it could be. This is what you created me for and to have you share your life giving gift with me is amazing, thank you. Even before my child enters this world you know him and you saved him. You've held him and you love him. Nothing I could ever say or do could ever compare to what you've already given him so I ask that you let me try.

Teach me your love so that I might show it to him.
Teach me your compassion so that he may learn what it means.
Teach me your patience so that he may understand it's importance.
Teach me your truth so that he may learn it's value.
Give me the strength to pick him up and the courage to let him go.
Give me wisdom to teach him your ways of right and wrong.
Show me how to guide him in your will.
Show me how to step back so he can walk his own path.

Make him brave in this broken world.
Make him strong so that he might stand up and stand out.
Make him compassionate for those that need you.
Make him hungry for you.

I know that scripture states I am to have pains in my child laboring (Genesis 3:16) but due to modern technology I have the option to have that taken away. Please don't let that hinder my experience and allow it go smoothly and quickly so that I may greet the gift of my son with tears of joy. Keep us both safe on his journey into this world and bring him to us healthy and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment