Friday, January 21, 2011

Baby Time!!!

Although we were hoping that Andrew would come early or at least as soon as possible when it came to my 39 week appointment we scheduled an induction for 1-18-11.
Tuesday morning came and we made our way to the hospital excitement and nervousness filling both our minds.

After settling in they started a small dose of petocin and by 11 my contractions were in full swing coming 3 minutes a part and lasting 1 minute each. As I worked through a contraction I could hear another women down the hall let out a blood curling scream. I looked at my mom and weakly mentioned that the scream was not very encouraging. Laughing, everyone in the room agreed and thought that she must be going natural. It was then I weakly asked for my epidural.

The Dr. was great and was in and out with in 10 minutes. He did a great job and the entire time I had mom at my feet chattering in my ear to distract me. Once the epidural started working I felt like I could handle the rest. At 3:pm I was 5 cm and averaging 1cm a hour. We made the calls and let the family know that I would probably be pushing around 7:pm. At 4:pm I felt the pressure building and when mom checked her eyes got big and she called for the nurse. I was 9-10cm and the nurse had plans to give me 30 min- hour before we called the dr.; however, with in 15min. I was ready and in need of pushing and they came in to get everything ready. We pushed for 15min before the dr. became concerned and recommended I rest for the next 30 min. Before the 30 min. were up I felt the need to push again and a little under and hour later I was sobbing at the sight of my son.
Born at 5:58pm 1-18-11 weighing 7lbs. 9.2oz. and measuring 20 inches long he is perfect!
The next two hours in recovery his eyes never shut as he took in everything around him. He nursed right away on his own and with no coaxing; we all were in shock. He has a laid back and calm disposition. Often times he's content just to sit and watch or look around but he never minds being held either.

The nurses all loved him constantly complimenting how cute he is and how great of a baby he is. Labor and delivery went so smoothly I fear my next will be horrible. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment