Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Jingle Bells


Andrew's development is growing each day and now that he is gaining motor skills he has begun grabbing at anything he can get his fingers around, including my hair.

He has always had a fascination with my dark curls and thoroughly enjoys it when I lean over and tickle his face with them. If I'm not careful while playing with him he will get a hand full of curls and give them a good hard yank.

The favorite toy, as of late, has been a small shaker with jiggle bells attached. Each time I get it out his eyes widen and light up with joy as he eagerly reaches for them. He is quite familiar with their high pitched sound and thoroughly enjoys shaking and banging them around. I can't help but sing the favorite Christmas song "Jingle Bells" each time I bring them out and subconsciously get a craving for some peppermint hot chocolate.

I always encourage him to hold the handle the correct way, with all fingers on top and his thumb on the bottom, but when the bells are dropped or thrown he often picks them up however he can reach them. He'll laugh and talk as he jingles and as always there is a smile plastered across his chubby little face as his dimples make their well known appearance.

He is a happy child who, currently, jingles his way through life with a smile on his face and his bells in hand. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment