Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"There Were 10 in the Bed..."

"... and the little one said ROLL OVER, ROLL OVER."
As an education major I am quite familiar with this children's song. It was a favorite for many lesson plans for the younger age groups and works great when reinforcing counting to 10. I have discovered yet another use for this cute little song!

Last Friday while at my scrapbooking retreat Andrew made a visit and was loved on by all the women and while visiting he rolled over. Laughing and thinking it was a fluke I placed him back on his tummy and watched as he rolled over for a second time. Completely shocked and unsure how I felt about my 7 week 3 day old son rolling over I jumped up to grab my camera; however, he never did it again.

Last night Andrew came home from his second day at daycare completely content to be home. After his early evening feeding he was wide awake and ready to spend some time with mommy and daddy so I readied a blanket for some tummy time. Before I even let go he threw his head to the side and started the process of rolling over. Brandon and I spent the next hour watching, laughing, and video taping our 4 week old son roll over again and again. It's so funny to watch him use head as a counter weight and then to see him flail his little legs before getting his hips to turn. He's SO cute!

Enjoy!


You can hear Tiko in the background jealous of Andrew's attention. hehehe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment