Monday, December 20, 2010

We're READY Baby!

Unlike most people during the holidays I am not one to wait until the week of Christmas to complete my holiday to-do list. The first of the month Brandon brought all the Christmas decor down from the attic and I took to placing all my cute snowmen all around the house. That same week I went out to Walmart and picked up some hooks to hang our stockings and the following weekend we filled our tree's branches with our eclectic collection of homemade, hand crafted, designer, and family ornaments. Brandon took a random Friday off work so that we could finish our Christmas shopping together and we took a night last week to complete our Christmas candy bake off for all the neighbors. Surprisingly, we still have some buckeyes left that Brandon has yet to eat.

The presents have been wrapped and placed under the tree and the neighbors gifts have been delivered. There are 3 days until the Kennedy Christmas and 4 days until the Mann Christmas; we are ready for both! Although we still need to do some minor cleaning like dusting and vacuuming I'm glad to take the next few days propping my feet up and just enjoying all the holiday specials and movies on TV.

What about the baby and the nursery? I mean I am 9 months pregnant and 36 weeks along so it's not been an uncommon question for people to ask if we're ready for the baby as well. It is with pride that I answer with a resounding YES! The nursery is organized and we have everything we need. Since the doctor seems to think that I could go with in the next 2 weeks I have made sure to ready the diaper bag, pack my overnight bag, and install the car seat. I couldn't be happier with the way everything has turned out and I'm feeling a lot better about everything since getting that panic attack out of my system. ;)

The Christmas to-do list is done and the baby to-list is done; it is with a sigh of relief that I can enjoy the holiday season knowing that no matter what is thrown at us this week we're ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment