Tuesday, December 7, 2010

THEIF!


It is a my firm belief that every child needs a rubber ducky. It is the bright yellow color, the fun squeaker, or the fact that I grew up with the fun loving "Rubber Ducky" song that was always sung by Ernie on Sesame Street, I don't know? A child in a bath tub with out a rubber ducky seems wrong in some way to me.

My nephew is such a child and for 3 years I have commented to my sister that he needed a rubber ducky. Knowing how much Kyndahl loves his baths it only seemed fitting that he should have a rubber ducky to share it with. While out shopping yesterday I found a classic rubber ducky for only $1, excited at my discovery I quickly scooped one up and put it in my basket.

After unloading the car I headed into the office to share my great find with Brandon. Thinking of the smile I knew would spread across my nephew's face I squeaked the toy over and over again as I shared about my shopping trip not realizing that it had attracted the attention of my quirky dog. Sitting at my side on full alert Tiko's ears were fully erect and his eyes never left sight of the yellow duck.

Finally turning my attention to the dog I laughed and squeaked the duck some more teasing that I should have bought a duck for Tiko as well. Still excited about my find I didn't give Tiko another thought and placed the duck and other Christmas items on the ottoman for wrapping and went to gather my supplies. In the 30 seconds it took for me to walk into the kitchen and pull the tape and scissors out of the drawer Tiko had swiped the duck off the ottoman and was innocently holding it in his mouth. When I walked into the living room Tiko looked up at me with two of the biggest puppy dog eyes I have ever seen and I burst out laughing. He took my laughter as a good sign and chomped down on the toy causing a squeal to escape and took off running with what could only be described as a smile on his face.

Still laughing I walked back into the office to tell Brandon that Kyndahl would not be getting a rubber ducky for Christmas because Tiko had claimed it. The whole situation was so funny and Tiko was so excited with his new toy that I didn't have the heart to take the duck away from him. He spent the rest of the day squeaking and cuddling the rubber toy while I spent the day laughing at his antics over the duck.

Both Brandon and I see this as a sign that Tiko may be tempted to steal toys from Andrew as well. It seems that both of them will have to learn to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment