Monday, November 15, 2010

Too Good to Be True

This past weekend I attended my Memory Keeper's Fall 2010 weekend long scrapbooking retreat. It was a great weekend of scrapbooking, laughter, plenty of food, and deep fellowship with some of the greatest women I know! Having spent most of my weekend sitting in a chair, bending over a table, and exerting excessive amounts of energy laughing by the time 3:PM on Sunday rolled around I was ready to crash on my feet. On my way home I gathered what energy I had left so that I would be fully stocked to give my hubby any amount of time he wanted for the evening.

As I stepped into the house Tiko came running and gave me a warm heartfelt welcome that included lots of tail wagging and nose nudging. Ignoring his excited behavior I made a beeline for Brandon and gave him a big hug and kiss. When he asked how I was I honestly answered: "I'm good, tired but the weekend was wonderful." I hunkered down on the ottoman and gave all my attention and energy to Brandon. We chatted for a while about our weekends and I showed him the pages I had created; before I knew it an hour had passed and Brandon was asking me if I was hungry for dinner. Realizing I was I sincerely asked what sounded good and prepared to get up and fix something. With a twinkle in his eye Brandon told me he had dinner planned and asked if I wanted to take a nap while he cooked. Deciding on a nap he went and retrieved my pillows for me, tucked me in on the couch, and started dinner.

Once dinner was prepared and cooking in the oven we took Tiko for a walk and enjoyed each others company. Having not noticed anything before we left I came home and was surprised to find that Brandon had already set the table and even got out the candles. When I looked around even more I noticed he had done the dishes and picked up the house as well. Dinner was DELICIOUS and he took care of the dishes when we were all done. We spent the rest of the evening watching another Christmas movie with hot coco and pumpkin bread.

Having been gone all weekend, hanging out with my ladies, I left my retreat fully ready to give to my husband, cook dinner, and take care of any house work that Brandon wanted done. Instead I came home to a husband who wanted to treat me instead; I trully have the sweetest and greatest husband EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment