Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holiday Spirit

During Brandon's busy time where he works anywhere from 60-80 hours a week it is a rare occasion that I get an entire evening with my hubby, even on weekends. Last night Brandon completed everything that needed to be done, was completely caught up, and was done working around 6:PM. Ecstatic about the possibility of spending an entire evening with my hubby I couldn't help but chuckle as he paced the house trying to figure out what it was that he wanted to do.

With a lopsided grin he mentioned that he was in the mood for a Christmas movie. Laughing because we both know that I have a rule of no Christmas music, decor, or movies until after Thanksgiving I couldn't help but agree a Christmas movie sounded like a good idea. Since the only movie we had was Christmas Vacation, a movie I HATE, Brandon suggested we go buy one. Thus at 7:PM on a Tuesday night we found ourselves scowering Walmart for a holiday classic with no luck. I must not have realized how much my hubby was in need of some Christmas cheer because to my surprise he recommended we head down to Half Price to continue the search.

The display of holiday movies just inside the door helped our cause and we were in and out with in 15 minutes. With two Christmas movies in hand we headed back to the house with plans to make some hot chocolate, heat up some pumpkin bread, and curl up together with a Christmas movie.

I am ashamed to say that we celebrated some Christmas cheer last night; however, it was totally worth breaking tradition to get to spend such a nice night with my hubby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment