Friday, November 5, 2010

Caution: Children at Play


As each week of my pregnancy progresses I find myself getting more and more eager to meet this little Mann growing inside of me. I think every pregnant woman's excitement rises the further along she gets. Not only is all the discomfort of carrying the baby coming to an end but the chance to hold the little one and feel the sense of relief that it was all worth it is closing in fast.

Although I feel like I would be ready to hold my little guy right now I'm attempting to remain patient and allow him to grow and brew a little longer with in the safety of my womb. I'm also trying to continue to take in the little moments that I know I'll miss once he's born.

As on most nights, I was ready and in bed before Brandon. I maneuvered my pillows all around me just right and got comfortable while waiting for Brandon to finish getting ready and climb into bed with me. He turned on the fan and bedside lamp and climbed in immediately turning to face to me. Only with in the last week or so has he started to reach for my growing belly on a regular basis and when he first climbed in I made sure to let him know that the baby was on the move to encourage him. Smiling he got comfortable and moved to place his hand on my stomach. As soon as his hand was fully placed on my side where the movement was most prevalent the baby gave his dad a good hard kick, the kind where his foot protrudes from my stomach and looks like something out of an alien movie. Brandon's eyes widen is sheer delight and surprise and his mouth twitched with a sly smile; laughing at Brandon's response I immediately knew where this was going.

Keeping his hand fully on my side and stomach Brandon pushed back; his eyes twinkling with mischief. Brandon's effort was rewarded as the baby responded with in seconds causing Brandon's smile to grow and my laughter to get louder. For the next 15 minutes I watched and felt as my son and husband "played" together each pushing the other as if it were a game of tag. Brandon would push down and the baby would push back, if the baby moved away from Brandon he would follow and game would continue. As Brandon and I laughed and enjoyed what little interaction we get with the little guy I couldn't help but think the baby was enjoying it as much as we were. His movements were consistent and he wouldn't push unless Brandon did; when Brandon finally removed his hand the baby's movement increased as if to ask where was daddy going.

By the time Brandon stopped the game I was exhausted and sore and I realized just before slipping off into dream land that my son has not even been born yet and his daddy is already teaching him how to aggravate his mommy. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment