Monday, May 3, 2010

Saying Goodbye...

"To the Fu mobile!"

This past weekend Brandon and I finally got around to donating my Saturn. For months the oil has leaked, the breaks have needed work, the clutch has needed to be replaced, and the air conditioner hasn't worked. All in all it would cost more to fix the car than we were willing to put into it so in the mean time it has been Brandon's way of getting to and from the bus stop. If someone broke into it or damaged it in some way at the bus stop it wouldn't have been a big deal.

If you know me at all you know that I'm sentimental. I didn't cry but I was a little down for the rest of the morning. It was sad to drive away from a car that held so many memories:

-Amanda and I drove it to SC to visit family and friends after graduating from HS.
-Many college road trips and fun exertions.
-My parents taking it on an anniversary trip and finding F-U-$-# Y-O-U keyed on the trunk.
-Naming it Fu, as in F-U (HAHAHAHA)
-Going to the moon and finding nothing but yield signs.
-Countless hours driving and talking with Tim.
-Refreshing/ teaching Brandon how to drive stick the right way.
-I even found one of my old prayer journal/ sermon notes notebook from college and a Cumberland parking pass from Sophmore year in the glove box.

I know, I know, it's just a car but that car holds a lot of laughter and memories for me. Now the men of the car ministry at Northeast Christian Church have plans to fix it up and give it to a family in need. At least it's going to a good home!

Goodbye Fu!

No comments:

Post a Comment