Monday, April 18, 2011

Three Months

There are days where I just can't believe that my little guy is three months old. He seems so much bigger than three months and we can see him progressing and learning every day.

He is still very much a sweet heart and loves to smile at anyone who will look at him! On numerous occasions he has melted the hearts of complete strangers whether they be man or woman. Who wouldn't be won over by that sweet smile, big blue eyes, and red hair?! I tease Brandon that he's so content with strangers that one day someone will whisk him away from the daycare and he won't say a word in protest.

He has begun to fuss a little more but only when hungry or overly tired and is otherwise content to sit, watch, or talk to himself. He loves to carry on a conversation with anyone who's willing to talk to him and as he gets older I foresee him getting in trouble in school for his excessive talking; just like his mommy.

While most days is he is content to entertain himself with his own hands or the sight of his own feet I've noticed in the last week or so that he is showing signs of separation anxiety as I go to leave him at daycare. This is an issue I have mixed emotions over. I love that my son misses me and wants me around; however, I don't want him stressing out every time I leave. His day care has handled it marvelously and we could not be happier with the choice we made in placing him in their care during the day.

I guess you could say that we are still in la-la land when it comes to being parents. I am not saying that I want to jump into having another child right now; the thought of being pregnant again right now is NOT at all appealing, but we both are completely open to another one when the time feels more appropriate.

In the mean time we are enjoying every minute, smile, and crocodile tear that Andrew wants to give us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment