Thursday, April 7, 2011

Button

For weeks each time that I have gone into the nursery to change Andrew’s diaper on the changing table I have found the lid to the wipes box laying on top of the box. Every time I grew frustrated at having to, yet again, put the lid back on the box and wondered what in the world Brandon was doing to the box to have the lid CONSTANTLY broken off. One night after changing Andrew I finally remember to ask; I picked up the box and asked Brandon to show me how he opened it. I watched as he took his fingers to the edge of the lid and a loud belly laugh escaped from me as the lid popped off in his hand. Laughing with me he asked what was so funny? I once again replaced the lid on the box and with a dramatic sweep of my hand I pushed the button that opened the box without removing the lid. Brandon’s eyes grew in size as we both laughed and he shouted:

“ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!”

I shut the lid and pushed the button a second time allowing the lid to pop open without popping off. I doubled over in laughter as Brandon laughed and cried out: “They need to have new daddy orientations for these type things!” As I continued to laugh at my sweet husband he refused my sympathetic hug and teased me to get out. While making my exit I dramatically showed him how to open the wipes box again and again. :)

I wonder if I’ll find the lid torn off later just to spite me… and the box.

1 comment:

  1. hehehe. too funny. We all have our "You've got to be kidding me!!!" moments. Glad you all are finding such joy in parenting. Laughing together about parenting is such a great bonding moment - even when the laughing, in that instance, is more one-sided. I can't tell you how many belly-laughs Matt and I have made at stupid parenting/baby-stuff-figuring-out moments. Carseat installation... yeah... that one has gotten us rolling with laughter so many times. =)

    ReplyDelete