Monday, January 25, 2010

Fixed Dogs

Yet again I find that my story revolves around my dog and his crazy antics and ways. Luckily, this time I am able to report that he did not eat anything. That does not however mean that he did not possibly destroy something.

While I was singing at church a week or so ago Brandon was home alone with the dog. It is common in our house to let the dog on the couch or up into our lap in our Lazyboy chair, so I was not surprised to learn that the dog had been in the chair with Brandon for most of the night. Brandon did mention, when I got home, that the dog had gas and smelled; he even mentioned that he had made the chair smell. We febreezed the chair and opted to not give the dog any people food for the next couple days. Later that week Brandon, while in the chair, complained again that the dog had gas and was stinking up the house. We laughed and thought nothing of it; thinking Tiko was just a gassy dog.

Last night was the first time I had really sat in the chair since Tiko "farting" on it. It's Brandon's chair and I usually prefer the couch. As I lounged I also noticed a fowl smell and noted that the dog was not even in the room. I sniffed around and noticed a white spot on the arm of the chair, when I got a big whiff I gagged. We're still not completely sure what happened; however, my theory is that Brandon got the dog a little too excited while cuddling in the chair and Tiko leaked a little of that excitement onto Brandon, the blanket (which was washed the night of) and the chair.

I was totally unaware of the fact that a fixed dog could do that but the smell caused me to believe otherwise. Febreeze did nothing but add a hint of flowers to it and the Resolve Pet Orders only removed the flower smell from the Febreeze. The smell was so bad we talked about possibly having to get rid of the chair; my theory is that since Brandon was unaware of what happened and it didn't get it cleaned up it had sunk into the padding of the arm of the chair; the stain was deep and so was the smell.

When I called my mom for advice she laughed hysterically at the idea that my fixed dog had come on my chair and the smell was toxic enough for us to want to get rid of it. When she learned that the resolve didn't work she recommended bleach or ammonia; we were desperate to not have to get rid of it (it's Brandon's favorite chair!). I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed the spot with Febreeze and Resolve and made plans to find some ammonia at the store the next day.

Then I had an epiphany: Lavender Spray! Lavender neutralizes most harsh, and in our case toxic, smells! I doused the arm of the chair with the lavender relaxation body spray I keep on my nightstand and left it dry. Brandon thinks the lavender may have worked but I have yet to do a smell test; I'm hoping for the best!

Lesson learned: Fixed dogs CAN still generate sperm or a come like mixture that reaks of something NASTY; be sure to clean up right away and possibly follow up with a little bit of lavender or ammonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment