Monday, August 17, 2009

Now That's Real Love

Over the 4th of July Brandon braved 3 whole days of Lawson fun at my family's Lawson Reunion. After many hours of sharing fun reunion memories I was stoked to get the opportunity to see family I haven't seen in many years. My attempt to get Brandon as pumped as I was didn't work as much as I would have hoped; however, he did have a good time.

The weekend was filled with lots of laughter, Frisbee golf, egg collecting, horse petting, cards, and 4 wheeling. Saturday morning Jesse and Brandon Kennedy climbed on one 4 wheeler while Brandon and I got on the other. With BK leading the way we headed out across the farm and up the hill. Keep in mind this was my first time on a REAL 4 wheeler. I've been on smaller fake ones, but never a full sized 4 wheeler, so I knew what to expect with all the bumps and bouncing around. I was having a blast and feeling as adventurous as my hubby when we came across a fallen tree on the path. The 4 of us sat and debated jumping it and in the end Brandon and I vigorously volunteered to conquer the tree. We sped forward, hit the tree and stopped dead; inertia took over and I kept going. I slid right off the side of the 4 wheeler, hit a tree, and landed square on my butt in a pile of brush and leaves. Needless to say I was glad I was wearing a helmet; I had refused to get on it with out one.

In a split second: I was shocked and didn't fully understand what had happened, I saw the 4 wheeler tipping toward me, I saw Brandon settling it on all 4 wheels, and the next thing I knew Brandon is asking me if I'm alright. I still have not figured out what had happened and then as Brandon reached for my hand it hit me:

Brandon threw me off the 4 wheeler!!!

I busted out laughing! I wasn't hurt thanks to my helmet and the brush. Brandon helped me up and we turned to find two VERY concerned faces. Jesse and BK saw me go and in Jesse's words: "It was like an apparition, one second I was there and then poof!"

As it turns out Brandon didn't have the 4 wheeler in 4 wheel drive, which caused us to straddle the tree and spin out. Once he figured that out he hopped it just fine with no problems and then offered to let ME drive. Laughing and teasing that he was lucky I was willing to get back on with him I climbed on behind him and we drove on and made our way back to the farm. I will admit though I was not willing to go for round 2; the boys dropped off us girls and headed back out.

I could feel Brandon's love as he threw me and he could feel mine as I got back on the 4 wheeler with him. Now THAT'S real love! Ü

No comments:

Post a Comment