Sunday, August 2, 2009

Breaking and Entering

This weekend Brandon is taking part in a soccer referee certification class. For 20 hours he is required to sit in a class room and go over every rule that is involved in the game of soccer; needless to say I don't envy him. I took the opportunity to do some much needed deep cleaning that included getting all the recyclables out of my kitchen and into the garage.

While on a quick trip out to the garage the door shut behind me and I found myself locked out. Walking around the house I grew frustrated as each door was locked. Luckily, I had the windows open and I proceeded to pop out a screen and climb in the window; bending the screen frame in the process. When I shared the story with Brandon that night he just laughed; only me right?

Today, as I tackled the rest of the house that didn't get done yesterday, I once again stepped out into the garage and the door swung shut behind me. As I turned and found the door locked I stood in shock that I had done it again. Even though I already knew, I checked all the doors and found them locked. I sighed and attempted to pop the screen out again; however, this time I couldn't get it completely out with out breaking the frame. I had to wiggle under the screen and into the house. Diving in head first I was immediately attacked by the 2 dogs that had conveniently woken up from their nap and were full of energy. I had to fight them off yelling and punching to get my whole body through the window. Despite the fact that the window is only 2 feet off the ground it really hurt when I hit the ground full force, using my shoulders to break my fall. I'm sure my hysterical laughter didn't help...

Twice, in two days, I've had to break into my own home. I think it's time we invest in a hide-a-key.

No comments:

Post a Comment