Thursday, April 2, 2009

Power Trip Security

This past weekend I had yet another audition for a Whodunnit show. Brandon, being the bestest hubby that he is, agreed to go with me for moral support. After church we headed to Office Depot to print a copy of my latest head shot to take to the audition with me.

It was so cold and nasty outside Brandon, not wanting to get out of the car, offered to keep the car running and warm for me. He's so sweet. He dropped me at the door and sat idling across the "street" waiting for me to return while I went inside and had my head shot printed.

As he waited, a Summit (that was the shopping center we were in) security guard pulled up behind him and walked to the car. He firmly asked Brandon to not park in the fire lane and would he please move his vehicle into a parking spot. Brandon knowing that he wasn't parked and that the fire lane was on the other side of the "street" (meaning he was not with in the yellow lines of the fire lane), sarcastically answered yes and pulled into a parking spot and continued to sit idling.

As we pulled out of the parking lot we saw the same security guard... parked, against the flow of traffic, and with in the yellow lines of the fire lane. We considered pulling up next to him and asking him not to park in the fire lane; however, in the end we decided against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment