Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Charity Wrap

While decorating the office for Christmas the group of us decided that the tree in our lobby needed something more. While a co-worker went out in search of flowers and candles I hunted down some boxes to wrap and put under the tree. It was while wrapping a bunch of empty boxes that a couple of us came up with the idea to wrap presents for money. A few co-workers had walked by and asked if I would wrap their presents for them. Teasing them I responded that I would for $2 a box. :) We all thought it would be a great idea to have someone wrap presents for our pilots to raise money for our foundation. We all talked about for a time and went out separate ways thinking it would never come to pass due to lack of time to put it together.

On my way home from work I thought it through and decided that it sounded like too much fun to pass up. That night I put together a flyer and worked out some prices and made plans to send out a blast email in the morning. I love to wrap presents and in the past have wrapped numerous Christmas presents for my mom, including my own. For a small fee to the staff and pilots I would wrap their Christmas presents for them and donate all the money I made to our foundation. I provided 6 different types of wrapping paper to choose from and bows. People could bring me their presents in boxes or I would try and box it for them if I could; they could even bring their own wrapping paper if they preferred. I set a goal for $100 and hoped for the best. For three weeks I wrapped presents for my co-workers on my lunch breaks and loved every minuted of it. In the end I raised $150! The fact that I not only met my goal but surpassed it made my day!!! After the first of the year I will get the opportunity to present our foundation with a check of all the money I raised; I can't wait.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment